This is definitely something I'm always trying to work at because being healthy in the mind, body, and soul takes a lot of time and work. You're basically improving how you live your life so you can live it to the maximum level of happiness. There are three key parts that make up a healthy life style so heres how to strengthen them!
- Cut out all processed foods, chemicals are not normal nor healthy to consume. You only have one body so do not fill it with chemicals.
- Alternatives are key! My biggest weakness is ice cream; I could eat it at any time of any day. Frozen grapes are a great alternative for ice cream because they replace my need for it. Dried fruit and nuts are a great alternative to processed chips.
- Start slow. If your used to always eating processed junk food don't expect to cut everything out at once and not go crazy.
- HAVE CHEAT DAYS! Enjoy food and eat nice desserts and indulge in you're favorite unhealthy foods! Once in awhile its ok to let yourself go a little off track as long as you can get right back on it later.
- Motivate yourself. I love following Instagram accounts of really yummy healthy foods that look amazing! I think i'm going to post something about my favorite Instagram accounts are so expect those really soon!
- Pick up a sport! This is the most fun way to workout because it stops feeling like a workout (but trust me it is,) If you're too old to join a team you can always still take classes on it. I know many people who love boxing.
- If you're short on time and money Jump Rope! This is the fastest way to burn calories and get a really good workout plus its cheap and compact! I do one minute of going fast, then thirty second slow, and finally one minute fast again. Sounds easy but believe me it's harder than it sounds. Do this as many times a day as possible and feel a full body burn!
- Motivate yourself. Again, I get most inspired by photos so Instagram is the bomb. Expect a list of my favorite Instagram's coming up!
- Pick up an instrument. It really works your mind in a nice relaxing way. I do piano and I love having something to work on and challenge me mentally.
- Read. Find a book that actually intrigues you and enjoy it.
- Write. You can start a blog like I did or just write stories, books, and poems.